Layering is a fun word in fashion world and when done right can elevate your look completely to a different level. Now you might be thinking why I am talking about layering in summer making it sound a not so practical approach to styling. But when the usual t-shirt and jeans combination seems overly done, finding yourself a perfect summer outfit to not feel dull under the sun becomes very important. It is a foolproof trick to help you transition from a warmer day to chilly night pretty easily! Layering to me is a super fresh approach to my summer outfit woes and I am enjoying my stint with it at the moment!
It takes some inspiration and a little understanding of the fabric to have fun with it. Pastel colors, breezy fabrics and lightweight pieces makes for a perfect choice. Personally, I cannot stand wearing denim or fitted clothes in this heat and always resort to something airy. And I was looking for a crisp white shirt dress from so long for its versatility, which finally ended after I found this one at Forever21. The cotton fabric makes it breathable and hence perfect for layering which is why I decided to pair it with my red bodycon midi dress in cotton for a casual day out on a weekend.
To complete my look I wore these animal print Adidas sneakers which are as comfortable as it can be and carried my current favourite handbag along with it. For accessories I just opted for this personalised gold chain necklace that I got custom made from Pipa Bella with my and Shivam’s initials on it. 🙂
Below are some tips that you can keep in mind for easy summer outfit styling:
- Invest in basics this summer and put your creative minds at work to make your outfit stand out.
- If you cannot go without wearing your denim, pair some bright and breezy tops with it.
- Strappy heels, flats or gladiators are a perfect choice for happy feet in summer.
- Pair a light denim or bomber jacket over your kurta or even a tank top and skirt for a grunge-y look.
- Long shirtdress or a flowy cape is a must have to keep your fashion game strong in this weather.
- Minimal accessories is the key but never leave house without a pair of sunglasses, watch/bracelet or a dainty neckpiece.
- Makeup can be avoided in all that humidity but a bright matte lipstick is a must.
- Always keep a scarf handy in your bag.
- Choose your inners very carefully as you do not want to be suffering from skin rashes later.
- Last but not the least, keep yourself hydrated.
Hope you liked the post and could make use of the tips that I listed down here for you all. Shout out if there is anything that you want to share with me too.
What I am wearing:
Bag– Mk Selma Large
Sunglasses– Vogue Eyewear|Luxottica