If you follow my blog and beauty posts, you would know that I am not very experimental when it comes to my beauty regimen. I rarely deviate from the products that suit me the best and under very crucial circumstances only would I go for a change. A few months back I faced severe hair loss problem and although the hair loss reduced after I switched to Vichy dercos shampoo, I was not happy with the way my hair looked after about 2 months of using it. My scalp felt unhealthy and hair used to get limp within second day of wash.
I was getting really frustrated with the situation and there would not have been a better timing than last month when I got an invite to attend the official launch of Pro|Fiber range of products by L’oreal professionnel. In this post I am going to talk about the same.
But before that let me take you through my hair care routine which is anything but elaborative. I oil my hair once in a fortnight, condition them every two days and try to get hair spa done once in every 2-3 months. I also try to eat healthy and drink lots of water. Besides that I do color and cut my hair seasonally but that I would not really count as hair care.
Now lets talk about this range. Pro|Fiber by L’oreal is a long-lasting, recharging haircare program for damaged hair. It starts in salon, and is prolonged at home. L’oreal has found a new formula after years of research called Aptyl 100 technology which prolongs the salon effect. So basically, you get your hair treated at salon once and see the results improving after every wash at home for up to 6 weeks. In-salon treatment+ Pro Fiber at home + Recharge once a week is how they have summed up this entire process of treatment for damaged hair.
L’oreal professionnel has come up with three different categories in this range depending on the type of hair damage – RECTIFY, RESTORE and RECONSTRUCT. Now I can’t really talk about all of these or the salon treatment but what I have here is my review of the RECONSTRUCT shampoo and masque that I got to try. My hair was not damaged but had a dryness to it and used to get frizzy, so it was a perfect choice!
L’oreal Professionnel Pro|Fiber ‘Reconstruct’ shampoo
This shampoo is for very damaged cuticle and cortex of hair which is medium or thick and is very sensitized by coloring or highlighted hair.
It claims that damaged hair appears not only cleansed but recovered, replumpled and controlled. From the root to the tip hair looks shinier and feels soft, smooth, and lightweight.
My take on L’oreal Professionnel Pro|Fiber ‘Reconstruct’ shampoo
- It comes in a 250ml bottle with a flap opening at the top which makes it easier to dispense the necessary product and prevents leakage, making it travel friendly too.
- The shampoo texture is not too runny and it smells ahh-mazing.
- It takes about double the pea-size amount for my entire length of hair.
- After first wash only I noticed the difference in my hair texture which now looked really healthy and felt soft.
- It’s been a month since I am using this shampoo and it has really got me some nice compliments.
- My sun-dried hair looks really nice and straight. Basically, I haven’t used any hair tools from quite some time now.
- I am not using the masque after every hair wash and this shampoo does a great job even without it on regular basis.
- I am very happy with the results of this product and don’t even see any major hair fall problems than what I normally have.
- This 250ml bottle is priced at Rs. 1200 which is quite expensive for something that you need to buy after every month or two. Sigh!
- I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5, half less for the cost it comes with.
L’oreal Professionnel Pro|Fiber ‘Reconstruct’ Masque
This masque is from same range and again it is for damaged hair. It claims that hair appears richly nourished and recovered. Damaged hair looks shinier and feels intensely soft, smooth, and lightweight from root to tip.
My take on L’oreal Professionnel Pro|Fiber ‘Reconstruct’ Masque
- It comes in a 200 ml jar packaging with a wide mouth opening which I found difficult to use. That extra effort to open and close the jar while you are in shower is what I am talking about!
- The texture is quite creamy and a little amount works just fine for my hair.
- I use it once in every two weeks and it does leave my hair feeling very soft.
- Hair fall is a little more than normal when I use the masque but I guess it happens when you expose your hair to a lot of products.
- It is priced at Rs. 1400 for 200 ml quantity but one jar would go for around 3-5 months depending upon your usage which makes it fairly priced.
- I would give it 4 stars out of 5, one less for the packaging.
Hope you liked this long post and if you do, do let me know in the comments section below. I will be back with another beauty product review soon on the blog.