It is no brainer that the two key pieces in my outfit here are this pair of denim jeans and jacket. Now as far as I remember, It was in my teens last when I wore a denim jacket and had never farsighted it coming back to my closet at this point in time. This particular pair of jeans is the most abused one in my collection and although the denim on denim trend is not new but the denim jacket was a strong enough reason for me to create this post.
Although I wasn’t too sure of putting up this post now as we enter the warmer months but as they say, denim is good for all the seasons! And given the kind of weather we have in this part of the country, I am sure this jacket will see the light soon. But anyways, with weather appropriate fabrics and style, you can wear your denim all year round. Plus this spring/summer is all about a wide range of denims with cropped, flared, distressed bottoms to printed and embellished style.
Pulling an all denim look can be tricky but here are a few tips that you can use while trying your hands on it:
- Play with denim shades – Add a lighter shade of denim shirt over your dark jeans or vice versa.
- Maintain contrast – Pair a vibrant top with your denim jeans and jacket combination.
- Printed/Colored denim – Safest and easiest option is to get yourself a printed shirt.
- Vary the texture – Ripped jeans or shorts over a plain denim shirt is a perfect example of laid back style.
- Steer clear of unflattering silhouette – Keep in mind your body shape before investing in a denim piece which can be anything from a denim top, cropped jacket, overalls or denim dress.
- Accessorise it up – Do not shy away from dressing up your look with statement shoes, bag or a bright pout.
Denim is a versatile piece that helps you go from casual to party ready just by bringing variation in your style. Smart pieces like a silk shirt, heels and clutch when paired with solid dark denim makes for a classy party ensemble. My idea behind this look was to wear something casual and laid back for the weekend, more like an everyday style. This loose silk shirt which is two sizes bigger for me is my favorite summer pick and I chose it to create a color contrast in my monotone outfit along with the tan tote bag and heels. The messy half up top knot and silver hoops further adds to my weekend look. 🙂
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and do share your comments in the comment section below.
Until next time..