I am not a makeup addict per say, but I am definitely in that exciting experimental phase. Where time is spent pinning interesting makeup tricks, watching makeup tutorials and keeping an eye on the latest arrivals on shelf. A little secret is that I am kinda obsessed with making a ‘must-have’ list and ticking something off it feels like an achievement. It’s so much fun I tell ya and keeps me focused too!
Coming to the topic, I ran out of my primer a while back and decided to try the one from Benefit in Sephora when I was travelling to Pune. Well, not only that but the amazing reviews of Benefit products tricked me into getting these. I am glad about making this choice and there is no way I was not sharing my review with you guys. Its been quite long since I am using these and right time to review the most raved about Benefit products on my blog.
Benefit They’re Real Mascara
This mascara is one of their top selling products and is specially made to give your lashes an elongated and dramatic look. As the name suggests, you won’t need false lashes with this little baby at work. It lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates the lashes. This jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. After using this product, I am a convert who never knew the power of dense curved lashes .
– It opens up my eyes significantly adding a definition and making them look bright.
– The wand is little thick towards the end which sometimes makes it difficult to reach the inner corner of my eye, but it’s easy to maneuver the trick.
– There is no clumping whatsoever and lashes feel light even after three applications.
– It separates the lashes perfectly and makes them look naturally thick.
– I got it for around 1600 bucks which is definitely heavy on pocket but worth every penny!
– Definitely going to re-stock it.
Benefit Pore-fessional Primer
Again a much raved about product from Benefit cosmetics which has the likes of many beauty bloggers out there. I purchased it basically to use under my makeup but more often than not ended up using it alone or with the sunscreen. Benefit claims it to be a Translucent, oil-free formula which complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals. However, I am not much excited about my purchase and here’s why :
– It does evens out my skin and helps the makeup to stay for longer than usual.
– It reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines, which is a real deal!
– After effects of using this are mini breakouts sometimes although it is non-greasy.
– It is super expensive(at Rs. 2230 approx.) for the size and quantity they provide.
– There are some better options available in market and are cheaper than this one.
– Will skip purchasing it again.
Hope you like this review and do let me know if you have tried it yourself. I would love to hear the views.