I had started following Deciem | The Abnormal Beauty Company for a few weeks now on Instagram when they announced the launch of foundation range by The Ordinary back in 2016. I wasn’t too keen in the news then as my focus was on its skincare range. But after the launch of foundation came out some really good reviews by beauty gurus that made me consider buying it. So while I was in London last time I visited their store in Old Spitafields market and picked up this foundation besides some other skin care bits. I will be putting up a review of the skin care products later on the blog after using them for a while.
Currently they have two foundation formulations named Serum and Coverage and few more are on the way as mentioned on website. There are 21 shades available to suit every complexion and I picked up the Coverage foundation in shade 2.1Y.
Price – This foundation is priced at just £5.90 which is about 500 INR.
Packaging – The bottle is plastic with a pump dispenser which rotates to lock. It is lightweight to travel with but need to be careful to prevent any spillage as there is no actual lid.
Claim – Highly-pigmented, smooth finish and lightweight foundation that gives a non-oily finish along with spf 15. Does not collect within fine lines and stays for longer. Ph-balanced formula which is alcohol-free, oil-free, vegan and cruelty-free.
- No wastage of product as pump dispenses out only the required amount.
- Goes on well with the moisturiser and sunscreen underneath without making my skin oily.
- Easy and flawless application as the foundation spreads like cream and blends swiftly.
- Great coverage for spots and uneven skin tone.
- Results in dewy-matte finish for a natural look.
- Feels really lightweight on the skin.
- There were no patches and foundation lasted long after a long day of running around in the sun.
- No face powder retouches were required.
- Best foundation that I have ever come across for this price.
- Lightweight formula, perfect for everyday wear and provides high coverage.
- Suitable for all skin-types.
- No harmful ingredients make it perfect for sensitive skin.
- Only concern is packaging but I anyways carry my foundation bottles separately in a pouch while travelling. And for the price at offer, this is no biggie!
- Definitely going to stock up on this little bottle in the future.
Hope you found the review useful. Would you like to try this one out? Or if you have already tried it, do share your review.