This post is going to be about the basic but important skin care tips while you try to shed those extra kilos!! Its been a long pending one actually.
I have always been a health conscious person but never a gymming or workout freak. I would work-out only when a good mood or a dead fear of putting up more weight used to hit me.
But lately i have been working-out in our society gym and also running as i found it interesting and a big stress-buster. But within a few days, i saw some teeny-weeny white and red bumps all over my face. This did horrify me initially but then i thought of looking out for the reason behind it.
I searched a lot and came across a few facts which i am going to share with you guys.
So lets start with understanding what these white bumps are anyways —
- First of all these bumps are not pimples actually.
- Its made up of dead skin cells , sebum(oil) and protein underneath the skin that has no way to come out due to closed surface.
- When we exercise it opens up our pores and if proper care is not taken it can lead to serious acne/irritation.
- It grows into white spots called ‘comedos’ on the face which then leads to white heads.
Tips to get rid of these tiny white bumps —
- Try to keep your skin as clean as possible before leaving for workout.
- Wash/exfoliate your face immediately after workout with a suitable cleanser.
- Never ever scratch your face or try to remove these with your hands.
- Use a mild scrub/cleanser for exfoliation.
- No makeup is recommended , not even the oil-free products.
- If working out during day time , use a good sunscreen which is non-comedogenic. (i suggest neutrogena dry touch)
- In case your body is prone to acne, avoid wearing synthetic clothes as it does not let the skin breathe and traps sweat and heat which becomes breeding ground for bacteria.
- Make sure to get rid of the wet/sweaty gym clothes as soon as possible after workout as it can flammate the acne(if you have any).
I have started following these small techniques and can see difference on my face. 🙂
I wash my face around 3 times a day now using my mild cleanser from forest essentials
Also, before leaving for gym i sprinkle Rose water freshener on my face instead of any moisturizer/cream and wear a lip balm.Imediately after workout i wash my face with cold water.
I hope this post will help you guys who are working out and facing this issue.
So no need to stop or get disheartened. Just exercise and have a great healthy life.’
Power to all..!!